Today I tried doing a variety of little things differently. My “Doing It Different” list for today
My list for today included:
- Making a fresh fruit salad for us for breakfast (can’t remember the last time I did this)
- Taking the dog for a walk in the morning, then I took myself for a much longer one in the afternoon.
- Reviewing many of my posts from last year and identified a few favourite idioms, quotes and phrases, and then printed two of them to frame and add to my motivation wall in my office
- Discovering a new NPR podcast that I’m looking forward to listening to regularly. It’s called “How I Built This” and it’s a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built.
- Turning off the holiday falling snow on this blog.
- Making a few changes to my Gmail inbox settings. The biggest change of all is one that I’m sure my husband (who has been far more bothered by it than I) will be happy to see. I no longer have 6,329 unread emails showing in my inbox. I Googled how to mark all unread messages as read and in a few easy steps, I did it. All on my own – I didn’t even have to ask Chris for help. Won’t he be surprised!
So, a few minor differences all added up to a slightly different day. I wonder if they will also translate into my dreams tonight.