11.03.2016 – Day 71
The Challenge is Over, But the Lessons Remain
I’m proud to say that as of yesterday, I successfully crushed my #ForFitSake challenge!
I set a goal to log 100km over 10 days and raise $500 for the House with No Steps charity helping people with disabilities.
The results were better than I expected. I logged 114.1 km through a combination of outdoor and indoor activity – walking, running, cycling, and the ergo meter (arm cycling)
I received donations from 11 generous supporters from three countries, raising $510!
So a huge THANK YOU to everyone who got involved and showed their support with donations or encouraging words.
My #ForFitSake challenge is now over, but the 10 Lessons it taught me shall remain:
- Setting goals is important – especially if they represent a stretch.
- Being grateful for your abilities keeps you humble.
- Little bits of effort demonstrated repeatedly can add up to big results.
- Celebrating milestones is important.
- Mindset is key in accomplishing anything.
- Making your goal a priority helps immeasurably in accomplishing it.
- Support from others helps you to overcome the challenges.
- Doing good for others does not have to preclude doing good for yourself.
- It feels good to accomplish a stretch goal.
- It’s okay to be proud of yourself.